Friday, July 2, 2010

To Jack Daniels... Farewell My Friend

Well not much has changed on the surgery front. I am waiting to hear back from the surgeon's office on what is going on with my insurance approval. Unfortunately the lady over the claim is off until Tuesday July 6th. I honestly think that my surgery will be either the 3rd or 4th week of July, but at this point it is just speculation.

On the home front I have been a very BAD girl. I mean VERY BAD. Well this past weekend was the hubby's birthday so we went to Hooters, along with his brother and girlfriend, whom I adore. Us girls are so perfect together. It's great having that "sisterly" feeling, being as I only have 1 brother. Anyway, after Hooters we decided to go back to our house and the boys were going to play PlayStation and Chelsie and were going to get our drink on. Sounds like a good idea, two chicks having a great time in the comfort of their own home (dang that sounds dirty) right? Well turns out I was completely unaware of the repercussions of "having a few."

I GAINED 4 POUNDS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

Yeah, you read right. I gained 4lbs as a result of eating out at Hooters and drinking 1/2 a bottle (yes, I drink it straight) of Jack Daniels whiskey. I am extremely ashamed of my actions. I haven't been exercising, but hanging out with Chelsie non-stop. I know everything is my fault, but I just haven't had the energy or self esteem to go out recently and now that someone wants me around I just went crazy. I know I need to set boundaries between relationships and exercise & healthy eating, but if this is what happens anytime I "let loose" then I never want to let loose again! 4lbs in a week is pretty freaking crazy. Although I am not the only one that gained. Chelsie said she gained 5lbs, but she also went through a pound of bacon in one week! Girl loves some bacon! lol

So for now I guess I am bidding farewell to my good friend Mr. Daniels.


I sure am going to miss him, but sometimes you have to let go of something you love to better yourself.

Who knows, I may have to give him another "kiss" this weekend, after all it IS Independence Day weekend. ;-)

1 comments:

Libby said...

Giving up the booze was really hard for especially since I love beer... YUMMM. Nothing better than a cold drink on a hot summers day!

Post a Comment