Monday, July 19, 2010

IM APPROVED!!!!

Ok, so I am REALLY bad about not opening our mail. I know I shouldn't be, but I get tired of always opening bills, so I usually put it off until I absolutly have to. So an unopened stack of mail as been on our counter since Friday, just looming. Ryan decided to open the mail last night at 10:30, before we went to bed. He threw me a couple of envelopes that had my name on it. Oh goody! Just what I wanted right before bedtime - to be stressed by bills!!!

So I open the first one, which is a bill from the insurance for Ryan's joyous ambulance ride on 7/3. Yay! Then I go in for bill #2, also from UHC, and begin reading it. The first line was something about "Sleeve Gasterectomy for Amy Adams" and I just stopped. I couldn't do it. What if it said no? What if I waited all this time and got my hopes up and told family & friends for nothing?? So I did what any sane person would do - made my husband read it to me! LOL
Long story short - I AM APPROVED!!!


OMG I am SO happy. I just started screaming "Are you serious!?!?" over and over. I was crying and laughing at the same time. My poor doggie Buster didn't know what to think! I grabbed him up and me and the hubby just embraced each other for like 15mins. It was awesome. Then we went to bed and ended up staying up (in the bed) until after 12 just talking about how awesome the next year is going to be.

This past Friday we got dressed up and headed to Red Lobster, cause he was feeling better now that his drain tube is out and wanted him some crab legs. I took that opportunity to go ahead and get my "before" pics out of the way. My current weight is 317lbs.

PS: I hadn't noticed how long my hair has gotten. Its about time for another donation to Locks of Love!
PPS: I really am vertically challenged, and since Ryan is 5'11" and I am 5'4", the angle of the pics REALLY do not help me at all.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Yea Amy!!!! I am so excited for you! Book that surgery already!!! I'm glad that Ryan is feeling better!.

sarah.cullifer.qwim said...

Awesome! Congratulations!!! I bet you are so excited :-) So how long from consultation visit to approval letter was your wait? Both my husband and I are trying to get approval for the surgery.

.:Amy:. said...

I had my seminar in April, 1st consultation in May, and approval today!

Good luck!!!

sarah.cullifer.qwim said...

WOW! I have heard/read horror stories of long waits, congrats on a quick approval! I will definitely be checking in here and on the other site :-)

Post a Comment