Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pre-Op Testing - Appointment

Yesterday I had my pre-op appointment at the hospital where they took my blood and I had an Upper GI. the nurse got my vein on the first stick, so I was super happy about that. I have always had a horrible time with nurses drawing my blood.

After the blood work I had to go to Radiology, and boy was it packed!!! I had to wait quite a while, and I was sooooo thirsty. I wasn't really hungry, but I had a case of cotton mouth like you wouldn't believe. So I patiently waited for what seemed like forever, until this cute x-ray technician, Randy, called me back. I was thinking "Great, out of all these old women nurses, I get the ONE FREAKING GUY that just happens to be pretty cute. FML!"

So he gets me back to the room, and asks me if I have on a bra, while looking at my tata's. Uh HELLO! You think these big ol' things just sit here on their own? So I answer him, a bit sheepishly, and he tells me I need to take it and my shirt off and hang them on a hanger and put on this 3 arm hole gown. So I do, and go out there. The Radiologist comes in and gets started. I was all over the table, tossing and turning like a beached whale, and my gown comes open/off, exposing my back fat and my side boob. OMG it was SOOOO embarrassing! I could have died right then.

But anyway, after everything was finally done, my mom and I went to Walmart to purchase me all of my post-op stuff I may need, as well as trying to find some "loose fitting clothing" for me when leaving the hospital. I got almost everything I need, except for a few cold/frozen items and some Isopure. I was going to get a bottle and try it for the first day or so after surgery, when I can only have clear liquids since I need 40g protein a day. I'll have to pick those up at the local GNC this week.




I can't believe that it is really this close! 8 Days!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment