Sunday, August 29, 2010

Comments fixed and an update

For a few weeks now I've noticed that I haven't been getting any comments on my blogs, not that I expect you guys to comment, but ya know it seemed kinda strange. Libby informs me that it wont let her comment, so I had to give up my cute birdie layouts and go back to my original. It isn't too bad, I just like changing things up. Back when Myspace was popular I changed my layout like every week! lol

Update on me: It seems that I am allergic to the steri-strips that they used to hold my cuts together! I have 6 incisions, and all 6 of them are red and bubbled up in perfect squares where the strips were. Some of them even have little blisters!!! And they ITCH like crazy. Its all I can do not to claw my skin off. I try to be good and not itch them to minimize scarring, but it is like chicken pox of the belly. I have been lathering myself in Benedryl cream for a few days now and it helps some, but my shirt rubbing against them all the time does not help!

Yesterday I went to the racetrack to cheer my brother-in-law on (haven't been since surgery) and I got sick. Not like throwing up or anything, but it was headed that way. So me and Ryan got in the truck and sat for about 30 mins in the air conditioning and it made me feel better. I also ate some pudding and it perked me back up. Thank goodness I planned ahead and brought some pudding and mashed potatoes, because I would have been in trouble with that racetrack food!

After the races everyone was hungry (except me - but I thought I was) and the only restaurant open on the way home is a Krystal (it was 1am.) Pre-op Krystal was one of my favorite places. I just loved those little steamed burgers and fries! So I was kinda nervous, being as I am on purees. (Krystal is the southern version of a White Castle)

Well dummy me thinks "Oh I'll get a Chick (little chicken sandwich) and just really chew a couple of bites of the meat. I'll also get a milkshake cause I am cleared for ice cream." I don't know what it was, but SOMETHING did not sit well. I think it was either the 2 fries I snuck, or the heavy cream on top of the shake, but it was uncomfortable. The chicken went down ok. I chewed it like 40 times to puree it in my mouth lol. I should have just stuck with the shake. Next time I will know.

I was a little bummed out that I couldn't enjoy one of my fav places, but when we got home Ryan said "You better be glad you couldn't eat that, because I feel like shit now." and he is right. I would have ate at least 4 maybe 5 Krystal's, fries, and a large coke in my previous life.

So in the end it all works out. I am happier, even if I do have to remind myself every now and then!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

wow I'm sorry you got sick. It makes me think of how I'm gonna handle White Castle burgers. My family eats them all the time. So I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I thought you said you were on purees and allowed to have some ice cream. I personally would not have even tried a Krystal's sandwich when on purrees. In an emergency I think a small shake would be okay just not all of it.

Best of luck to you. Did you get any type of aftercare "Gastric Sleeve Owner's Manual" type books? I did and it gave me a lot of ideas for roods and recipes.

Post a Comment