Friday, August 20, 2010

Hospital and Coming Home

Hi all! Well its been a few days since surgery, and I am still alive.

The day of surgery, 8/18, went pretty fast. I don't remember much about it, only that I was really nervous before the surgery. Once the surgery was over I woke up in recovery. I actually had to wait in recovery for 4 hours because they didn't have a room ready for me yet. That was the worse part, just laying there in a room full of other people waking up from surgery, making all kinds of noises and yelling and stuff.

Once I finally got up to my room I was so freaking tired, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I finally dozed off for a little while. I had a pain pump, and that was awesome! I pushed the hell out of that thing the whole time I was in the hospital. I did get nauseous a few times and they had to give me phenegrin, but I didn't ever throw up while in the hospital.

I got discharged on Thursday at 3 p.m. and headed home with my Hubby and mom. The hour drive was pretty rough on my belly, but I made it ok. The first night in bed was straight up awful, I'm not even gonna lie. It hurt so bad to lay flat on my back, so we had to get every pillow in the house to prop me up.

I hoping the next few days will continue to get better as time progresses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment