Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend was pretty eventful. Friday evening my coworker/friend Paula and I went to O'Charley's for her "Graduette Party," because this weekend she will be graduating from Comm. College, and off to a University. We got a drink called the Cotton Candy Cosmo, and it was so freakin' cool! They bring pink cotton candy to you in a martini glass, along with the mixed drink in one of those shaker thingys (idk the correct name) and pour it on the cotton candy at your table, and you can watch it melt down. The result is a fruity pink drink! You even get to keep the shaker-thing WITH THE RECIPE FOR THE CCC ON IT!!! After we finished that up, we each got a margarita (my fav) along with our meal. It was so much fun. I am going to miss my margaritas. :( Oh well, I'd take skinny and healthy any day over a margarita!



Also, Ryan's little sister (she's 7) spent the weekend with us. She stayed with us Friday night, Saturday night, and left Sunday morning. When she stays with us I like to take her places and spend time playing with her. We usually go to the park, but since this weekend has been full of thunderstorm warnings and flood watches, we stayed indoors for the most part. Saturday afternoon I needed to run into town and pick up a few things at the local Wally World, so Brandi and I grabbed lunch at Chili's (the hubby was at an estate auction with their dad). After Chili's we went into Wal-Mart and I ended up buying her a baby doll. I know, I spoil her BIG TIME.

When we got home, her dad called and said that she could stay Saturday night, so she was ecstatic. She loves staying with her big bubba and sissy. I didn't have anything thawed for supper, and Ryan happened to be craving a Prime Rib. So, we ended up going to Logans Roadhouse. She likes going there because she can throw the peanut shells on the floor and not get in trouble. Kids, they get excited over the simple stuff.

I was glad to get all these restaurants in, because they will pretty much cease after my surgery. Honestly I am a little bummed about it, but at the same time I am ready and willing to give them up for a chance at a new "life."

As great as Friday and Saturday were, Sunday was twice as worse. Basically our TV has started messing up, so we are either going to have to bring the small TV into the living room, or get a new one. Like we can afford that! We are trying to save up to cover the 10-20% that the insurance won't cover for my surgery. So that is a major bummer; I love my TV.

Even though the TV is causing the top left to be a funny picture/color, I still managed to watch a really good movie on Sunday. It was called "To Be Fat Like Me" starring Kaley Cuoco and it was AMAZING!!! I just sat and cried and cried, but I'm a big baby anyway. Basically it's about this pretty jock who goes undercover as a fat girl for a documentary about obese people. She befriends another 'fatty' who opens up to her about what its like being overweight and it really hit home with me. I really loved it. I totally recommend it.

Not only is my TV dying, I'm pretty sure one of my five rabbits is dying too. Her name is Dottie & she is white with grey spots (original name, huh?) and it looks like she has been bitten or cut. IDK what to do for her. They just hop around in the yard, so I can't catch her to doctor her. I'm going to try to catch her with a net today after work and keep her in a box or cage or something for a few days and put some ointment on her. I don't want her to suffer, but I'm not a rabbit doctor either.

Next Monday is my Dr. appointment! Yay!!! I can't WAIT for this week to be over!

1 comments:

Libby said...

Sorry to hear about your rabbit I would feel lost without my pets they have just become such an important part of our family.
I added the movie to my netflix queue so I'll let you know what I think after I watch it.
I also have appointments coming up and it kind of feels like I am waiting for Christmas! Hopefully our weeks will go by quickly!

Post a Comment