Thursday, May 6, 2010

Preparing for Post-Op life

Yesterday I set out on a mission to find my Mom something for Mother's Day. I would like to point out that she is the worlds hardest person to buy for. I'm not exaggerating. I went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and found two things she MAY like, but knowing her she will never use them. One was the "Shake Weight." It looks retarded but it just might be something she likes. She's always complaining about her arms being flabby. The other thing I found was a solar powered flower that you can put in a flower bed. I thought she may like it, but I'm not sure. I am also trying to help my brother find her something, because he sucks at giving gifts. Talk about pressure! Two gifts for a person who doesn't need anything!

So I went on to TJ Maxx, and ended up buying a present for my Dad for Fathers Day! So I can check that off the list. I didn't find anything at TJ Maxx for her either, but I DID get myself a little treat. For some reason I always seem to gravitate over to the baby section. When I was over there looking and wishing about the fetus I don't have, I found Gerber Graduates utensil and plate set for $5. It is so freakin' cute! I read on one of Obesity Help's forums that post-ops suggested a toddler plate and utensil set, to help my brain with portion sizes.



I am really excited about my cute little plate. When I was paying for it I was thinking how funny it would be if I told the guy that the plate was for me. I'm sure I would have gotten a funny look from him & he think I'm some kind of freak. LOL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment