Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hunger Rears Its Ugly Head

Ramblings from my mind:

So I am 7 weeks out today, and I feel like I'm taking a step backwards. I'm not sure what is going on in my brain, but it isn't good. My brain is constantly saying "I'm hungry, I'm hungry." and I know it's physically impossible for me to be hungry 1-2 hrs after a meal. I find that I am snacking (sometimes on bad things) in between meals, and as a result my weight loss has slowed considerably. If I try to ignore it, it is like someone SCREAMING in my ear that I am hungry. I cannot focus on anything else, whether it be at work, or at home.

For example, last night I went with a friend to the Mexican restaurant. I ended up eating too fast and had to purge up my food. Well, about an hour later we were shopping, and no matter what I did, I couldn't stop thinking about my leftovers in the car. My friend would be talking to me, but I would be standing there thinking about how I wish she would hurry up so I can go home and eat. What did I do when I got home? Ended up eating about 2oz of my leftovers.

I also haven't been exercising as much as I need to. I have been fast-pace walking on the treadmill for 20-25mins 4 times a week. I usually don't exercise on Friday, Saturday, or Sundays. I know I need to increase my time/days but I'm finding it hard to do with my schedule.

I feel like I am failing myself as well as everyone who has supported this decision. I am down to 285lbs now, and want to lose 100 more AT LEAST. I'm not going to lose 50 more with what I've been doing lately. I feel really saddened and angry at myself, and its further affecting my weight loss. I know stress isn't good for the body or the mind, and I feel like everything in my life right now is spiraling out of control.

1 comments:

Libby said...

ACK! Amy you can do this!!!! I know it is really hard and you brain has to be stronger than your stomach. Set yourself a small goal for Thanksgiving. I really have done much better with the small goals then thinking about the big pictures. I really do better when I track my food even if I make some bad choices I know that I have to log it and that the next day I am going to start over. I know you can do it!!!

Post a Comment