Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Old Me Is Dead & Gone

I titled this post in honor of a T.I. song, because that is the way my life is feeling right now. I always have a song for any situation. Right now, I'm feeling like the old me is dead and gone and is never coming back.. and that is a good thing!


To elaborate, I got a new car! I traded in my 2002 Mazda Tribute with the slipping transmission for a 2010 Honda Civic and I am in love! Its like I took all my troubles with my old car and eliminated them, much like I did with my surgery. I feel like I am starting a new life, one that I am in control of finally!


Speaking of control, I AM having a difficult time with the speed of my eating. Last night I was coming home from Wal-Mart and stopped at McDonalds and got a 4pc Chicken Nugget meal. I know it wasn't a healthy choice, but it was literally the only thing open at 9:15 on a Monday night in my little 'ol town. I pulled over at a gas station and started eating my nuggets. I got down 2 1/2 before I starting feeling this weird feeling in my stomach, but what did I do? Ate the other 1/2 of the third one. (Mind you, all within a 5 min time span). Well I realized what I did and started on my way home.


About 5 miles later, I was trying to sing along in my car and I couldn't because it hurt SO bad in my throat. I knew I needed to throw up, but where? I am on a back road in the boonies! So I see a church and pulled over. I ended up hurling right there in the parking lot! And again when I got home!


So needless for me to say, my relationship with McDonalds is dead and gone! :-)

1 comments:

Libby said...

Look at you lucky ducky! Congrats on the new car! My biggest problem is eating too quickly. I still haven't gotten sick yet but I can tell that I need to slow down.

Post a Comment