Monday, December 27, 2010

Hair today... gone tomorrow?

Ok, so this post is all about hair, or the lack of it! I have been losing my hair like crazy this past month. It is actually driving me mad. Every time I pull another loose hair off my shirt, or every time I clean out my hairbrush, or clean the shower drain (which is every time I take a shower) I get a little more depressed. At first it was maybe 5 strands a week.. now its more like 10 strands a DAY! At this rate I am going to be bald by New Years!

I've seriously considered cutting my hair, to try to help. It is getting SO THIN, and it was already fine/thin to begin with. When I wear my hair straight, I have no volume. It just forms to my head. The only issues I have with cutting my hair is 1.) I really dont want to and 2.) IDK if it will help. I have only had short hair once in my entire life. I cut it off back in 2008 to donate to Locks Of Love, and I have been growing it out since then. I did love my hair when it was short. It was a nice change. I'm just afraid I wont have the same results as I did with it then, since it is thinning now.

Here are some pictures of me, back when I had my short hair and how horrible it looked over Christmas. I just hope I can make a decision before I lose all my hair!!!


3 comments:

FreeJulie said...

I've been concerned about this, too, because any time there is a chance for me to lose hair, I do. :) If a rare side effect of a medication is hair loss, my hair is outta here! Stress? Outta here! I haven't had my surgery yet (1/11/11, I hope?), but won't be surprised if I experience hair loss. I have fine hair like yours. Have you been taking biotin? I've read that helps!

Sheila said...

I am 2+ months post-op and am thinking by 3 months is when my hair will start to shed. I've been taking biotin and letting my hair grow thinking that eventually I will probably cut it off. But now that it is fairly long, I'm not sure I want to chop it. lol. Good luck with whatever you decide, it is tough stuff for sure!
PS - I just added your blog to my blog list!

Libby said...

Cutting my hair was the best thing I could do! It took me a while to adjust to it but now I am happy about it. I don't feel like I am finding hairs everywhere!!! I think you should cut it! You will get so many compliments and it will crack you up when people you haven't seen in like six month tell you that your new hair cut makes you look skinny.... LOL!

Post a Comment