Friday, April 23, 2010

Lets Begin, Shall We?

So today I decided to start a blog. Not just any blog, but one that will chronicle my life, as I am about to make some drastic changes to it. But before we get to that, how about some background information?

By glancing around, you have probably figured out that my name is Amy, and I am in my 20's. Good job! I grew up in a small community in East Tennessee, out in the country. I have never in my life lived in the city, and never plan to. (unless one day my future children move me into a nursing home; then I will have no choice) I have one younger brother, Andy.

I now live about 30 minutes south of where I grew up, with my husband (Ryan) and two dogs (Buster and Hershey). I have been married since October 2006. Has it been tough? Hell yes. Have I wanted to give up? Hell yes. Do I regret marrying him? Absolutely not. I love him with all my heart and I cannot wait until we can grow old together. We constantly talk about starting a family (apart from Buster and Hershey) and have so many plans for our future.


Buster, being Groovy


Hershey



Ah, the future. That my friends, is why I started this blog. See, I am overweight; overweight to the point of it affecting my relationships as well as the plans for our future. I want to get out and do things, I want to be a mommy, I want to live past 50. Unfortunately, I have been overweight pretty much my whole life. I remember being in the 5Th grade and wearing a women's size 12/14. I have been made fun of, passed over for dances/prom, left out of shopping trips, judged, AND I AM TIRED OF IT! I am ready to be the Amy I have always wanted to be. So, I have decided to have weight loss surgery.

Weight loss surgery is my only ticket to a "normal" life. I have tried multiple diets (hell, I have even been hypnotized) and nothing works long term. I ALWAYS gain it back. I know there are some skeptics out there about WLS, but ya know what? I don't give a flyin' flip. I have researched this through and through and I know what is best for me. I have talked to people who have had surgery, and I see that sparkle in their eyes, and I can't help but want it. Maybe it is selfish for me to go cutting and messing with my body to alter my appearance, but its more than that. I need to alter my appearance so I can truly enjoy and prolong my life.

I have chosen to have the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure. It seems to be the best one for me. I have thought about the Lap Band as well. I know two people who have had WLS, one had Lap Band and the other had the VSG. I have talked to them both, and compared Pros & Cons, which led me to my choice. I have also discussed my options and chance of success with each surgery (Band, RNY, VSG, DS) which also helped me to decide.

As you can see, my blog will be mostly about my journey with WLS. Not to say I won't throw in some personal drama here and there!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Yea for starting your blog! Your dogs are adorable!!!

.:Amy:. said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment